• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

cab corner replacement

Hey guys, It's been close to 25 years since I've done any 'at home' body work. I was wondering if anyone has replaced their cab corners.. and found a good product to use, or one to stay away from? Several choices on ebay, about 35 to 50 bucks a corner. I'm going to replace the corners, get it waterproof again, and then box line the whole cab from the lower body line down.. Thinking dark grey on the maroon should look pretty good? Now that the box is off, changing up the corners will be lots easier!

I'm actually in the middle of replacing my rockers and corners right now. My parts came from mills supply, they're made in Taiwan (good luck finding parts that aren't) but seem to fit/weld nicely. Get a good spot weld cutter and it will make your life a lot easier. Some careful measuring, a little patience and a 12 pack and it actually went pretty well.

On my brother in laws s10 I just filled the rust holes in the cab corners with expandable foam and shaved it down after it set up and he painted right over it...................redneck style. :thumb1:

:rolleyes:    sounds about  par  for  a  S-10..    

I'd  bet  it's  still looks  good though!    

I was going to use a body foam for my rust holes and the spray the rockers with bed liner. Should keep water and air away from the metal which means no rust

How  would  that foam work on a brand new truck..  the ultimate  preventer?     Rockers,  cab corners, heels of the fenders,   heck even the  bottom inside of the door

I know it'd be  a total  bugger  if  you ever needed to do  body work afterward...  but  we never crash do we??

This was on my 01. It was an omaha pickup so the rockers, cab corner, and rear fenders were rusted and had holes from all the salt

Shouldnt have to worry about it on my 06 since they dont use salt out here. But I might line the rockers for chips. Buddy dif it on his 01 and it looks awesome

Edited by mopartechnician