• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Starter fuse blew again!

• Owner

Well again I lost my starter fuse at the worst time. Grrr! Ok don't panic we know the drill. I created a temp fuse from a aluminum twist tie. Got it start hitched up the RV and kept it running. On my way home I made a call to Lindy and let him know I'm going to pick up a starter. So on my way into McCall I picked up a starter and a fuse. So I kept it running and towed the RV home and unhitched. Still kept it running then bolted for Lindy's shop. So I grabbed the bay and proceeded to pull it out till I was getting burnt on the last bolt. Time to let it cool off. Long story short I got the starter out and the solenoid cover lost its 3 screw and the plunger was hanging out. So I replaced the 3 screws and reinstalled my starter and saved me the money on the starter wish will now be returned to NAPA.  :hyper::cheerleader:

• Like 1

• Owner

Well, look at it this way, if you did not pick up the starter you would have needed it.

Typical shop protocol is to order the parts regardless if you need them or not because you can always return them.  You can't fix anything if you don't have the parts. I was lucky and only needed screws. But now seeing my contacts it looks like maybe another year and it will be time for another set of LarryB's contact's again too.

Typical shop protocol is to order the parts regardless if you need them or not because you can always return them.  You can't fix anything if you don't have the parts. I was lucky and only needed screws. But now seeing my contacts it looks like maybe another year and it will be time for another set of LarryB's contact's again too.

Something good happened then!