• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Boost Fooler Really Needed?

So for those of you who saw my previous thread about my pump issues, you know that my fule pump is now hard wired into the battery.  Because of this, the engine can't mandate defueling if I exceed the set boost level.  So I'm planning on just getting a boost elbow since a boost fooler isn't really needed to trick my computer into thinking I'm at lower boost since it can't defuel.

Anyone see a flaw in this?  I feel like if this method worked, nobody would buy boost foolers.

• Owner

Your raptor pump just supplies fuel to the injection pump, The injection pump is where the defueling occurs which is controlled by the ECM, so you would still need a boost fooler.

I concur

Ed

Absolutely right. The MAP sensor is reporting the boots pressure to the ECM and sees pressures above 20 PSI and it starts cutting back fuel to keep from exceeding boost limits. So a boost fooler (minimum) or a actual performance module like Edge or similar would do much better because now you can calculate fuel tables above the ECM knowledge. This is why the wire tap is required. Other modules that don't tap the wire are going to be limited to 60-65 HP period.

• Like 1

• Owner

Makes sense, I always assumed the asd relay tied into the fuel pump to starve the vp ijn order to defuel.  Thanks for the info guys :)

ASD Relay just shuts down (not defuel) everything if anything goes way out of spec. Also ASD is only tied to the PCM has absolutely no connection to the ECM.

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/images/2ndgen24v/wiring/2002-Dodge-Wiring-Pg1.jpg

But as for defueling if any ECM sensor rise or falls from normal now the ECM commands defueling.