• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift pump failure?

angus

While driving home from my farm this evening, I had to accelerate going over an overpass when my truck suddenly stalled. I put it in neutral while coasting down the other side, and cranked it several times before it finally restarted. I babied it on home (about 5 miles) and it seemed to have no further issues.

My question is this symtoms of a lift pump going out? or do they normally fail completely all at once?

This is my 03 CR with the original pump mounted to the filter canister, and there was no CEL.

Anybody experience this before?

Classic lift pump failure. Cant keep up with heavy fueling but will with idle/ light throttle. Surprised you dont have a check engine light on. But on the good side, your pump is easy to replace with aftermarket

Thanks, Thats pretty much what I was thinking. That probably explains something I have recently started noticing during cold startup. It will occassionally have a random miss.. Kind of like that thump you feel when you turn the ignition off. only the engine never dies and then it acts normal.