• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A Few upgrade's today

So today was a sucessfull day My cousin bought a new to him ford Diesel and took off the new set of 5' stack kit with 6' miter cut's off. In place of his black single stack kit he had. Then i found out later He also had the diamond plate cover to hide the pipes he meant to give me which i will get tomorrow. Got the whole kit which cost $707 for the kit $279 for the cover for only $250 and got it hooked up and in looks good sound's amazing way better then the old 4' Sinlge out the back or my 4' dual stack kit. Then i bought a pair of "Handy" brand Airgates from a dodge junk yard Valued at $359 a piece for $225 for the pair one was a little bent on one bar and needed some fresh paint which i took care of quick and easy.

I had been debateing between a Edge Comp, Bank's or smarty Programmer but after calling 7 local (Within 150 miles from home) Diesel shops or store's no one had any of the 3 instock and would be wedensday at the earliest. Then i called TS Performance which is only 30 miles down the road and had a talk about there MVP Chip and decided to give it a try. I got the Chip put in for free and it cost only $500 for the chip and i am very impressed with how it woke this stock Cummins up. It's stackable with a smarty so if i wanted to i could still get the smarty down the road but, I will keep y'all informed of how it last or hold's up. But here are a few pics of my truck now sorry it's dirty atm gonna wash it monday when its warm and sunny lol

post-1211-0-59056500-1414215327_thumb.jp

post-1211-0-00464400-1414215365_thumb.jp

post-1211-0-55000300-1414215421_thumb.jp

$500 for a timing box!? Dang... :sofa:

The TS does the same thing as the Smarty, and boasts of a bigger HP gain, so you probably won't gain anything from the Smarty. When you want to wiretap the VP, get you a TST Power Max, and it does fuel, while your MVP will do the timing. It's supposed to be an awesome combo.

Stacks look excellent! :thumb1:

Yeah i really wanted the smarty but been waiting for a year to get one wasn't gonna wait another week. And i bought the truck with the Banks Chip in it which sucked didn't run right caused a "Dead pedal" and so on. But got a little over 500 miles on this new TS chip...I always loved to drive this truck but, now i love it more lol It made a beliver out of my two Chevy/Import fan boy Co-Worker's when i took them for a roll around some old back road's near work. The truck finaly has a Top end before 2200 RPMS was flat faced beyond that but, now at 2900 i got power to spare EGT's are down by about 300F between the Bigger exhaust and Chip and about a 1-3 mpg difference on open road's the real test will be when i tow my camper again. And thanks for the Compliments sorry the truck looked dirty at the time of pic had just finished the exhaust and air gate install. Will get a good one tomorrow :)