• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

diablo power puck

What do you tinks about the diablo power puck on a cummins 2001 because a heard people talking about that chip that cause ecm probleme and I've got some problem with my truck no power with the ship and same thing if I get the chip off the truck. The person a bought the truck I see the he bypass the fuel transfer pump to get feed frum a tan wire under the dash and i get p0341 and p0230 on obd2 and I change de cam sensor for the p0341 and still the code recome on check engine i dont know what i can doo

I dont want to add power i just wanna know if the power puck cant broke the ecm because when i baught the truck it *** the power puck and it *** no torque and even if i unplugue the chip its *** no power i've check all my wiring two time and the only thing i got its no resistence bbetween the ground and the gray wire on the cam ssenor

Yes i know that the chip wont fix the probleme butt can she blow the ecm when the other owner put that on the truck . And when i say no power its like when i start at a green light and it the fuel to the flour it take a longue time to get 50km/h and 70 to 100 i dont tell you a prius is faster then me lol. I didn't heard the turbo in the truck with all mecanic stock is it nomarle

when was the filter changed last? what is the driving fuel pressure? how many miles are on the truck? there isnt much to go off of either, auto or manual transmission? what are the rpms when you floor it.  try taking a video of the intrument cluster doing this. im starting to think there is a transmission problem if its an automatic.

I have had the Diablo puck for 4 years and I find it great for an automatic since it brings up the torque and power to just below the capability of my 47RE automatic plus the timing advance improves mileage 2 mpg plus much less downshifting due to torque increase with less pedal push.  The truck was totally woken up from being a doddler! The lack of power increase you see is either due to throwing a code or not enough turbo boost pressure. I had to modify my waste gate with an adjustable "boost elbow" that opens waste gate later (by bleeding actuator air) than stock. Alternately,  use a "J hook with spring" to assist closure of waste gate linkage mechanically.  The engine computer wants a certain air pressure in order to add fuel.  Mine was actually throwing a code and going into limp mode = low power due to a closed stuck waste gate and a cheap $40 code reader found it. The problem was a seized linkage joint.  Remember the ECM goes into limp mode around 25 psi of boost and will set an over boost code when it happens. Buy a reader and make sure you have a boost gauge plus exhaust temperature (before turbo)  gauge. Buy that code reader so you can see what is happening! You probably have Princess Auto in Quebec so that is where I got mine on sale.

Edited by balsip

Okey my west gate is not fonctionnal she blead air on the shaft so i've disconnect her and i have the code reader and its just throw p0341 not boost presure code if the west gate not work it can putt me in the limp mode its can be that?