• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Still hearing stock lift pump after Raptor Install

Hey Guys, I installed my Raptor 150 pump the other day. Pretty easy and good instructions to boot. I have everything wired up the right way, however when I turn the key forward I still hear a gooosh, almost like something purging itself. I always thought that was the stock lift pump. I called the place I got the raptor from and the guy said I should not hear the old lift pump. Are there other electronics hooked up to the lift pump besides the Deutsch two prong connector? Should I remove the lift pump from the side of the block?Thanks

The Raptor will pump for 2 seconds when you turn the forward just like the stock pump. It seems like that is what you are hearing..? You absolutely shouldn't hear the stock lift pump because the wire from the ECM that powered the stock pump is now used to trigger your Raptor relay so the stock pump has no voltage going to it. Whether you remove the stock pump is totally up to you. It wont hurt anything to leave it there. I choose to remove mine. If you do remove it, just remove the pump itself and not the mounting plate. The plate actually covers a hole in the block that was used by older models for a mechanical pump.

• Owner

If its like my AirDog 150 then the stock pump is dead and your hearing the Raptor pulse at key on. Mine will bump the gauge to 15 PSI and fall. This pulse is normal and typical of any fuel pump controlled by the ECM. Basically the stock pump on the block should be disconnected and no longer used but you can remove the pump and plumbing from the old system but you need to leave the mounting plate there. That mounting plate covers the hole in the block form the old school 12V pump.