• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Brake Issues

I'm having some brake issues that I would like to get figured out. I believe I already know the answer but I would like some advice. My brake pedal is starting to take a longer then usual time to return. About every other brake, the pedal is just slow to return, I can manually take my foot and pull it back up and it will release the brakes.

My vacuum pump was leaking oil, so I bought the seal kit to change it out. While I was in there, I decided to change the power steering pump. The install went great, everything working fine. Then the power steering pump developed a leak at the bottom pressure line that I didn't notice and it ran all the oil out of the pump. After I realized it, it was harder to turn the wheels, so I figured I burnt the pump up running it out of oil. I got another power steering pump since this one was still under warranty. Again the install went good. After I got the new pump installed, is when the brake pedal issues started.

I think I burnt up the power booster also when I ran the pump out of oil. When I first push the brake pedal, it almost acts like it is sticking then releases and the brakes work just fine, but the pedal takes a while to return. The brakes stay applied until the pedal is fully up. I can manually pull the pedal up fast and the brakes will release as normal.

Any advice?

Thanks