• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

installed boost gage no power at all

Yesterday I installed a boost gage on my truck. One wire needed to be connected to a 12v ignition power wire.  I spliced the wire into the red wire coming down from the ignition. When I did this sparks ignited. I disconnected the splice but now when I try and start the truck there is no power.  Nothing.  Any ideas out there? Thanks for the time fellas.

Fuse #2 in the PDC (fuse box under the hood in engine compartment) is for the power to the ignition switch.

When hooking up gauges a good easy way to hook the wires up is to use a "add a circuit", it plugs in to a fuse slot and then gives you an extra fused circuit.

They are best checked with a Ohm meter because a lot of times it really tough to see blown fuses.

You can also check both sides of the fuse with a test light. There are two silver colored spots on the top of the fuse. Touch a test light to each side and if it only lights on one side the fuse is bad.

• Like 1

• Owner

You can also check both sides of the fuse with a test light. There are two silver colored spots on the top of the fuse. Touch a test light to each side and if it only lights on one side the fuse is bad.

But for the larger fuses in the PDC you can do that the only way to test is to pull them out and ohm test each one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...