• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AutoMeter Pyrometer Guage

I'm looking for oppinions, which guage would be the best all around?

AutoMeter Ultra Lite Digital # 6545 or AutoMeter Ultra Lite Electric/ Needle #4344

I am looking for the most accurate and easy to read.

Any oppinions will be appreciated,

Kerley

I really like any needle type gauge over a digital. You can 'see' how fast change is much quicker than watching a scrolling set of numbers..

You can concentrate on a trend, rather than an exact number... which may help concentrate on the road ahead!

of course, this is from my lifetime of nothing but needles, Your experience may vary!

I have the autometer pyro ultra lite 4344 on several of my tractors

I don't even fool around with the high limit warning, I just turn the body of the gauge so when the needle is 'left' of straight up.. I'm good.

Edited by rancherman
  • Like 2

• Owner

I tend to agree. The needle is much easier to read over the digital which you must focus your attention to and comprehend what your looking at. Old school motorcycle racing we use to twist the tach gauge around till the red line was straight up. When the needle was straight up your at redline. Or temp gauge straight up then your overheating. You didn't need to look for numbers just needle position.

Like my new set of ISSPro gauges I'm more in love with the red light function.

• Like 1