• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Download promotion

• Owner

This is only for Registered User only (Premium members and Vendors are excluded from this!) Members that have donated or vendor don't have to worry about this problem... So if you donate to the site or become a member you won't have to worry.

I've been paying attention to the download logs and registered member list and found out a lot of the members are just coming in to download files (books and documents) and split again... So I'm going to impose a limitation on registered users of the download section your going to have to meet conditions to get promoted to download status. You will have to make at least 20 posts here, be registered for 2 weeks, and then have a reputation above zero before your allowed.

So making the time and post sounds easy but if you cause any problem here your reputation can be alter by any member so if you are making wasteful post to get the post counter up and the member don't like they will nail the reputation button (black star in the bottom of postbit box) and pull you under. You will have to keep this up or your lose your right...

If you come with a good write up or super information the staff here has right to promote you without meeting the requirements...

This makes it right and far for everyone... You got to contribute at least something to site to get something in return.

PROMOTION TO DOWNLOAD ABILITY

Registered Member for over 14 Days

Made over 20 posts

Got a reputation above 0 Pioints

If your reputation falls under 0 points your download rights will be removed.

post-2-138698163592_thumb.png

If you approve of there post click approve to give points... But if you don't approve of there post click disapprove this will take points away. Make sure to add a comment. Now I tell you right now that no one is exempt from the reputation system that includes all staff member and myself...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Just out of curiousity, how can you tell how many people find your posts useful (if i'm understanding it correctly) I try to post things people may find of intrest, but I have been told in the past i'm full of crap :lol:

That the nice thing about the reputation system... It not me you got to worry about it the whole site anyone can give or take points... So if you post good stuff people with reward you with reputation points... If they don't like it they will take points from you...

But the fact is that I'm seeing lots of downloading going on and after checking the database like 80% of these people registered, didn't post a single thing, download the documents (they need)... Then left... Never to be seen again. That just not right... :mad:

• Owner

Agreed :thumb1:. I meant how does a person see how many reputation points you have

Ok this is the best I can do for now... post-2-138698163601_thumb.png The reputation point are displayed as a bar at the top. Green is positive, Red is negative... More bars more reputation point you got... There is another rule here. Once you fall to the negative (red bars) you no longer have the right to give rep points till your back in the positive again. As for the Rep Power that is how many point you can give to anyone. Now there is a few extra rules to this... Your only allowed to 10 rep clicks away in 24 hour span. But you got to give it to 10 different people before you can hit the same person again. You gain rep power in... For every 365 days your registered here you gain 1 rep power. For every 100 post you gain 1 rep power. For every 100 rep points you gain 1 rep power. The only people exempt from these rules is Admin... I can give 10 point per shot and as many as I like in either direction (give or take). Secret I'll give away... Everyone should start with 10 points as a new member unless you from the old system so which you might be at 0 points currently. So basically if you get the post and time requirement passed you should be able to download files. But like I said if you post a bunch of meaningless stuff and the members don't like it they can (or will) take rep power from you. This will revoke your download privilege.