• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

p0122- new timbo apps on order

02 2500 5.9 driving through the road block all legal like, went to accelerate and truck started bucking horribaly. ck eng light came on so limped home, scanned ecm p0122/ installed new apps assembly from autozone, no change, found ecm reading apps but would fall off intermitantly then return. so read tcu and found apps signal smooth with no glitch. so i replace ecm no improvment, checked wiring and added ground wire on apps sensor no problems found, hooked all up set voltage on apps sensor now i have no apps reading on ecm and eng. revs wide open when brought off idle, tcu still showing good apps reading. i ordered timbo apps today, and will try but if i read schematic right, apps signal goes into ecm and out to tcu and if tcu still reads right why would ecm keep throwing code. anyone want to try this one

appreciate the info i have been pulling info from sources and found this piece already i checked all wiring and have good 5 volt supply and ground signal return found no short in signal return wire to ecm or tcu with no intrusion of voltage on that wire i even went as far as to have my alternator checked and rebuilt by a local vendor friend, it was constantly cycling under load dim headlight, bright headlight, i dont believe in returning parts just to plug and check so ive bought and borrowed ecm and apps, good friends to let me disassemble there trucks to check mine but this is starting to get expensive over $1300 and counting, i love my truck and would not let it go but it might take up yard ornimate status if i can't figure out soon hopfully sensor is saving grace.

• 2 weeks later...

well finally got timbo sensor nice piece easily installed and calibrated, just dident cure any of my problems so off with the pcm and ordered a new one we will see/ have noticed i have lost all apps reading at ecm now started with just a glitch

Edited by KOYOTE
misspelling

i apreciate the info on the grounds i seen where there was a group of grounds under dr side batt so i pulled the dr batt and found the ground wires were green so i am going to fix these grounds and pull the pass batt to inspect these grounds ill let yall know

• 2 weeks later...

repaired all the ground wires still no luck so hung my buddies ecm back on my truck and wala i got throttle again sent the ecm back to auto computer exchange in fort lauderdale, fl. they still dident have a rebuildable core so they are sending me a new ecm to hush my complaining and they promised the vin # would be installed correctly i dont like to speak down of companys but this is the 3rd time this ecm has made the trip to florida and returned in the same condition and they had the gaul to tell me the problem must be somewhere else they claim to bench test these units before shipment but i dont see how the same problem arises 3 times so hope to get new ecm in in the next day or two and get back in my truck well see ill keep the forum informed i greatly appreciate the other thoughts on my problem again and beware of this company i found on ebay.