• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS / BRAKE Light

• Owner

Once again I got that darn blasted ABS and BRAKE light again. I knew the driver side front sensor was repaired. What had happened was the outer jacket of the ABS split open after being flexed enough times that it broke. So the driver side was soldered and shrink wrapped and tapped up well. So I pull the driver side thinking it was damaged and unwrapped the repair and everything was fine. So I broke out a DVM and set it for ohm setting. Sure enough the driver side was right around 1,000 ohms. Hmmm... So quickly yanked the plug on the passenger side and ohm that lead. I got infinite ohms (open circuit). Now start from the sensor and right about the knuckle the jacket did the same thing. Split open and the black wire was broken. Very carefully I took a razor blade and took just a little bit of jacket off so I could solder and shrink tube this side. So after the repair I checked the ohms again and right around 1,000 ohms. I placed a dab of dielectric grease in both ABS plugs and plugged them back in. Roll the truck out of the shop and about half way across the yard the ABS and BRAKE light went out.

I think the next time its going to be time for new sensors... :rolleyes:

When extremely wet like driving through slushy snow my ABS light comes on. Only has done it a few times in the 3 years I have had the truck. So intermittent that I have not dealt with it yet. Must be an electrical connection or open insulation like michaels. Doing front brakes soon. Will look for problems with sensor connections/insulative sheath then.