• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

He351ve stand alone Arduino controller code for 2nd Gen Cummins

i was looking at one of the libraries and that looks like they have libraries in them i may not have.  i only seen the can bus library at the beginning 

edit: i looked over the libraries and dont see what im missing any suggestion to what i should be looking for? 

Edited by flopper85

not sure why my lcd isn't working with this code or my mega and i was also wondering i see it alot but i see people put positive in there lcd address like you did but i haven't had that work maybe you can explain?

this has worked for my other boards but not with this set up.

image.png.0117b362737b97ca32f4b3aa3deea679.png

got it i had to add to the code 

lcd.init();
    lcd.backlight();

for my lcd

Edited by flopper85

• 2 weeks later...

ARGHH, So I sent out the actuator to AVI electronics in Illinois, who updates and rebuilds vgt and other stuff. I got it back today. Hooked everything up and it does the same as before.
I hook up the pos n gnd and the actuator spools up for a second.
I hook up the Can to the arduino (arduino +Canbus + lcd shield to calibrate)  and RX led illuminates. 
On the serial plotter it is sending the commands, but theirs no response. 
Everything is straight connected. Any thoughts? I'm going to go back an reread everything...

Alright, new arduino mega, and Canbus shield. Tried different libraries. 
Still does the same thing. Spools up for a second then stops. Tt doesn't jog
RX is still solid lit. 
Is their somewhere in the coding that the Can has to be defined or something? 
I find it hard to believe that this actuator after being sent out, new board and updated software.

When I connect the power and ground to the actuator, whether its connected to the arduino or not, the motor starts spinning. accelerating, and then decelerates. 
It doesn't jog like its supposed to. Jog, like the motor twitches for a moment.
RX receive led on the Canbus shield is solid lit up. 

Next look at your board setup.  Some canbus shields use pin 11 some us pin 10 or 9.  

mcp_can1 ();  is what defines that pin.  Verify using the documents on your can shield what pin it uses.  then ensure you are not getting other transmissions on that shield. 

IE make sure your LCD isn't using the same pin in the code as the canbus shield.    Or if your shield uses pin 9 then you will have to adjuste my code to use another pin of EBSwitch.

I am guessing you have a conflict similar to that.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Me78569

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 2:47 PM, Me78569 said:

Issue is the boost map for vein position at various psi's doesn't account for the 14 psi that we always have

Only the people near sea level elevation have the rounded figure of 14 psi.  Where you are in Colorado Springs, the atmospheric pressure is about 11.8 psi.

Just being technical.

- John

13 hours ago, Tractorman said:

Only the people near sea level elevation have the rounded figure of 14 psi.  Where you are in Colorado Springs, the atmospheric pressure is about 11.8 psi.

Just being technical.

- John

technically correct, I dont remember the context.