• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

runs louder?

Hey guys im new to this website just signed up last night and it looks awesome so far so ill give er a try! Ok so i adjusted my valves a while ago to .010 and .020 cuz i dont think they have been for a while and the trucks got 225k on it and it seemed to run louder than a couple of other guys trucks i know in the area and a little rougher? So I read some more on how to do i and say you can put them at .008 and .018 so i tryed that and it quieted it right down and seemed to run a lot better then before. Is there something that could be wrong or is this normal for an engine with higher miles?

• Owner

I don't think so... 225K miles is LOW miles really... you might want to talk to CajFlynn (closing in on 800K miles 2001) and then talk to Taz (630K miles on a 1992)...

As for the sound of the engine most of them have quite a bit of clatter which is normal for most engines... As for the -.002 on the valves I know a few that done this and its still with spec so I'm rather sure there is no ill effects of being slightly tight.