• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Spintec hubs

angus

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a set of Spintec hubs and  Dynatrac ball joints last week. The hubs came in yesterday.. The first thing that struck me was the size of the MM lockouts.. They are nearly half again the size of the ones on my old GMC.

I`m going to go ahead and bite the bullet and purchase the Miller/Mopar press tools $$$.. I helped a guy change ball joints on one side of his 04 using a rented universal press   and it was so frustrating I don`t want to deal with it on mine doing all four.

I`ll try to get some pics posted when I get going.

You'll like the SpynTec kit.  Very well built with very strong parts.  

Do you get the "regular" or the "short" hub kit??

I've got over 50,000 miles on mine.  I need to pull it apart and repack the bearings for "peace of mind" once the weather gets warmer.

You'll like the SpynTec kit.  Very well built with very strong parts.  

Do you get the "regular" or the "short" hub kit??

I've got over 50,000 miles on mine.  I need to pull it apart and repack the bearings for "peace of mind" once the weather gets warmer.

I got the "shorty" kit, so I think it should be flush with the center cap when I cut the center out..

Everything looks like a quality piece.  I`m getting a little excited ready to get em installed :hyper:

The "best" way to pop the unit bearing off is to get the front end of the truck on stands, get everything off, take the axle nut off, and use a 15mm socket (IIRC) as a spacer to push the unit bearing out after you start the truck and turn the wheel.  You should see how to do it once you've got everything apart. You're using the "power steering" to pop the unit bearing out.  Way easier than using a chisel, BFH and some choice language!!!

• Like 2