• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Softopper?!

notlimah

So my other truck (read: the wife's) is a 2014 GMC Sierra and it will double as our 'family vehicle' as I refuse to drive a mini-van! I'm looking into the option of a softopper as apposed to the fiberglass option. Mainly looking for something that I can use when it's raining or cold out and be able to keep things dry back there, or throw the dog back there, but also be able to retract and still use the truck bed if needed. It's also a LOT cheaper then the fiberglass options! It seems that the softopper is capable of doing all this, just looking to see if anyone here has one, or any experience with them?

http://www.softopper.com/

Matt

• Owner

Don't discount the aluminium canopies. Mine barely weights 90 pounds and I can lift it on and off by myself. The bad thing to aluminium is the frames are very weak and topper don't last long. Mines about 6 years old and the rear frame is broke. The problem why is the offroad environment kills the frame with too much flexing.