• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Alternaror noise test article

Even a cheap HF one will do the job, I got one used in a lot of stuff and it reads dead on with my flukes.  So I keep it in the glove compartment.

Extech was supposed to be a good brand as well, but I'm not impressed and likely won't buy any more meters from them.

I've had an INNOVA 3320 one for at least 5 years, besides the buzzer not working, it still works fine.  It's been dropped, rained in, disassembled...  

I found a local Alternator/starter rebuild shop I stopped in at. Nice shop. He said to remove it and bring it in and he can thoroughly check it. He has the rectifier/diode pack if mine is bad. Ill have to wait till next week

Or if find a decent digital multimeter I will check it also

Ha !....I just bought a new in box , old stock , Fluke 75 series 2 multimeter II for $50.00,  Cool .

Probably cost $175- $200+ for new comparable model fluke