• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Site search engine

What happened to the site search engine, seems it doesn't have the advanced option it used to and what is the difference in live or archive searches?

I have been trying to use it several times the last few weeks and it never finds what I know is on here which I have searched for many times using simple search terms.

Seems it doesn't bring up anything older than a year or less anymore.

Am I missing something, doing something wrong or did it change?

• Owner

Something might of changed in on of the updates of the software. I'll get some time this evening and bang on the setting and see what I can do. I've been considering the idea of updating the searching software with possibly better software. Live is a active thread and archived is exactly that, threads that have aged past 1 year and are now archived. 

http://sphinxsearch.com/

But this comes at a cost of CPU and RAM on the server versus the on-board search which is crude at best. But I'll look into it.

• Like 1

• Owner

Thanks, it gets annoying when trying to help others with info that has been posted several times before but then can't find any of it during a search. :ahhh:

Temporary fix... Go to Google and type in what your looking for then the last bit add...

site:forum.mopar1973man.com

This should cause Google to focus solely on mopar1973man.com domain and give you better chance at hitting what your looking for.