• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Who Has the Most Miles on a Dodge Ram Automatic Trans

On 3/16/2016 at 0:06 PM, Me78569 said:

I would say that you are nearing the end of useful life of the clutches in the trans.   But if your truck had an easy life then I wouldn't worry much,  You might do a band adjustment and verify you still have clutch surface on the bands.  Use that as a rough indicator of tranny life.

Just did a tranny service. The reverse band was still in good shape. Front band needed adjusting and after adjusting, the adjustment screw is about flush with the locking nut, indicating I'm close to a rebuild. Shifts better now from 1 to 2. We have a great tranny shop near us so I'm confident they'll do it right. $$$ won't be fun though lol

@ty_lowcountry My local shop did my Suncoast stage one with one year unlimited milage warranty, installed without torque converter for 2200, spent 1200 on the converter.  I  also spent about 300 to convert all hard lines to soft lines and add 2 new coolers eliminating the liquid to liquid oil cooler below the turbo.  The lines are equivalent to what you would find on a cat front end loader, believe it or not they are better and cheaper than stainless braided :thumb1:

I did this after I kept having fluid leaks from to liquid to liquid cooler, one time leaving me stranded 300 miles from home. 

• Like 1