• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A/C problems - No compressor

• Owner

I've got a 6.7L Ram Cummins in Riggins, ID. The owner is complaining of lack of A/C or cool air. I showed up today and check the freon pressure and there is at least 70 PSI in the system now. When you turn on the A/C the fan and vent controls work fine. The catch is the compressor is not coming on at all. I checked for error codes and there is some codes for the oxygen sensor but nothing A/C related. I was wondering if any one could give me a hand with finding this issue?

• Owner

I want to say 2011 but I didn't write it down. (Dumb bunny). I didn't have any means at the time to check fuses. The cover is unmarked so knowing what fuse does what you even up pull them all. I was wondering if this is part of that total integrated power module? I'm lacking in 6.7L information. Anyone got a book by chance?

I will go back to our weld bay and look at our 2011 Ram 4500 w/6.7 and look and see what system is has, I will look around and see if we have a manual on it as well since I am here @ work until 1:30 am. Give me some time to do some looking.

No books here @ work for it but the main fuse panel in front of the driver side battery has a 40amp mega fuse about dead center of the rear of the fuse panel right in front of the battery for main HVAC fan, the 2 fuse panels behind each battety are all unmarked and the owners manual doesn't show them either but sorry to say the system is controlled by the BCM or body control module.

• Owner

Sigh... I think I'm going to end up referring this job to another shop. Without the books or information its just too crazy for guessing. I can double check fuses in the panels and see if I find anything blown or what not. Weird part is there is no B codes that I found. :think:

• Staff

Couple of quick ideas.

Did you check the A/C relay?

Is the evap temp sensor plugged in?

Can you see if the cluch plug is getting voltage?

Otherwise not a lot an be done without more tools.

I cannot find the static pressure just that less than 50 is too low. My 05 sits at 57 and cools pretty darn good.

• Owner

Couple of quick ideas.

Did you check the A/C relay?

Is the evap temp sensor plugged in?

Can you see if the cluch plug is getting voltage?

Otherwise not a lot an be done.

Where is the A/C relay located at?

Where is the evaporator sensor located?

I can test clutch plug for power tomorrow.

• Staff

So there may or may not be a really on a 6.7, the more I look the more it looks like they integrated it into the TIPM. I also noticed my dads 06 doesn't have a A/C fuse and 06 is the first year of the TIPM.

The evap sensor should be in the evaporator, thou I am not sure where as I haven't ever looked for one.

I called the owner on Saturday and referred her to Alpine Automotive in McCall, ID. Sorry this one is out of my hands I can admit defeat very easy and not ashamed of it either. :)

I am in same boat at the moment with the new to us 2014 Jetta. I have no way of even retrieving codes. Wife has been getting an exh temp sensor failed warning the dealer said when they checked the code a couple weeks ago and there are about 4 of them on the thing with the DPF system and they take a special tool to change and are a pain to do from what I have read. This will be the determining factor on weather the dealer knows about the damaged title and will or will not warranty this and will push me to buy the software needed to work on this unit. Can't even change the fuel filter without it, no way to prime the system as it has 2 fuel transfer pumps that need to be cycled via a procedure with the service software for VW.

If there is in fact no warranty the DPF and EGR deletes will be happening in the very near future.