• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2500 2WD Front Suspension work

The other stuff available locally is crap. The ball joints I replaced were the heavy duty ones from Oreillys; Didn't last 2 years. The ones that came with the new control arms were spindy looking lightweights also. I' just have to see for myself how the moog stuff holds up.

I would of left all the Moog back on the parts counter and taken another brand... :rolleyes:

Lots of decent parts for the 4x4 crowd, but the 2WD livng in the flatland camper towing crowd is left with Chain store replacements. What would you use Moparman in a 2WD truck?

• Owner

You've got plenty... Napa, Mevotech, AC Delco, Quick Steer, Mopar, Centric, Raybestos, etc. There is lots of other options from other vendors. MOOG is not the same as it was years ago. I think I've got Raybestos ball joints in mine IIRC. But also remember that Dodge didn't use MOOG during the assembly of the truck they used the absolute CHEAPEST joints they could buy at the time. The funny part is they lasted till 348k miles not bad. Mine barely made 180k and failed.

• 3 weeks later...

You've got plenty... Napa, Mevotech, AC Delco, Quick Steer, Mopar, Centric, Raybestos, etc. There is lots of other options from other vendors. MOOG is not the same as it was years ago. I think I've got Raybestos ball joints in mine IIRC. But also remember that Dodge didn't use MOOG during the assembly of the truck they used the absolute CHEAPEST joints they could buy at the time. The funny part is they lasted till 348k miles not bad. Mine barely made 180k and failed.

I noticed you listed Mopar OEM.    :wow:  the OEM balljoints are the same size in a 3500 DRW and 2500 as came in 1500 . they are crap,... i didn't get 70,000 on my first

NOW//   i will say this, i had all new HD Moog installed bout 2-yrs ago and had to replace bottom right side 6-months ago. The shop warrantied it and said it was because the mechanic that originally installed them over tight/n the top ball joint...Sooo i don't know, maybe your right about MOOG, They are supposed to be improved design over OEM

Veridic still out for me on MOOG

WHAT IS A GOOD NAME BRAND REPLACEMENT EXCLUDING BUDGET???

Edited by rburks