• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thinking again about 47re to nv4500 swap

• Owner

Yes I would get matching ECM and PCM for the right year with a manual transmission. Yes, there is software differences on both PCM and ECM. Also get the wiring loom too. Like converting over to manual there is no vacuum cruise anymore in the later series. It now fly by wire cruise. I'd be game to doing a conversion. The problem is if we are missing anything its a long haul to get stuff.

I didn't need a different ecm or pcm with the swap in my 98. I did however swap them anyway but just because I'm anal about little things that don't matter to most. The only difference you will notice with your auto ecm, is you won't have the take off assist that a factory manual trans will have. Smarty can rewrite your ECM to have a manual tune instead of swapping as well.

Well I'd likely tow my RV behind my truck rather than a donor truck. Just gotta be organized. Don't get too excited. Based on time of year, it'll probably not happen till next spring.

Smarty sounds like a good way to go.

Prolly do an exhaust brake too. Half the fun of a manual transmission.