• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Winter

dorkweed

Well, winter is officially here in my parts now!!! Saturday afternoon into Sunday AM we got about 3 inches of snow. Then it started warming up and turned to freezing rain and then to all rain. A lot of trees down in my neighborhood and I had no power for about 8 hours. After all this, it turned cold again not getting above freezing. The grassy areas had a hard thin layer of frozen ice/snow on them. Well yesterday it started snowing again about 4-5:00PM and just stopped about 2 hours ago. I had to shovel about 8 inches of snow out of my driveway and on the sidewalks!!! I do love this time of year though!!! Gotta go out now and scrape the lower 2 feet of my roof off so that no ice dams will form!!! :cheers

We haven't seen but a skiff of snow ... `:( We have had the cold .. and the wind but thats it!!!! Then yesterday it was fricken 65 degrees!!!! :mad Gots to love it when Mother Nature is a yo yo.. Pray for snow!! .. Have fun with your's Joe.. make a Snow Angel for me!!!! ;) Kim

Just be glad you ain't here....... We got about 6" of the dam white stuff on Dec.2, and Tuesday Dec. 4 we got another 10". Some places saw as much as 17"!! It came in as a VERY narrow band off of Lake Superior known as "Lake Effect" snow. 5 miles either side of it there was just 3" and the band fizzled out about 15 miles inland away from the big lake. Looks like a white Christmas for us. The temp tonight is supposed to go down to -15* ':( Tom

Just be glad you ain't here....... We got about 6" of the dam white stuff on Dec.2, and Tuesday Dec. 4 we got another 10". Some places saw as much as 17"!! It came in as a VERY narrow band off of Lake Superior known as "Lake Effect" snow. 5 miles either side of it there was just 3" and the band fizzled out about 15 miles inland away from the big lake. Looks like a white Christmas for us. The temp tonight is supposed to go down to -15* ':( Tom

Pretty much the same thing down here Tom. We have about 6-8 inches of the stuff on the ground. This morning it was -6*. The new truck has been starting great not plugged in but when I do plug it in the heater grid does not come on so I think it helps quit a bit. Al

Oh yea, plugging it in makes all the difference in the world. Last night it got down to -17*. When I have had mine plugged in it starts just about like summertime. I haven't driven mine much since the price of fuel went to about $3.50/gal.

Guys, it was a balmy 7* this morning when I went out pheasant hunting!!! LOL I'm only 6-7 miles South of the cheddar curtain! We've got about 8" of snow over about 1' of crusty melted snow. Made for some real fine hunting today. My bud and I each got 2 birds and my dog is happy about that, although he's wiped out now. But he'll be ready to do it again tomorrow!! :thumbsup

• Owner

Well MoparsMaiden and myself tried for a bit of bird hunting but the forest was very quiet. No foot prints in the snow other than a small ground squirrel. Heard a few forest finches but thats about it. MoparMaiden happen to spot one deer as it was hauling up the mountain face.Still very fun... :thumbsup

I'm not ready to do the winter thing... been overhauling the cottage for the grand-daughter & b/f since summer. Just getting some rent money again. Cold then freezing rain... this place is a skating rink. The kid next door broke his wrist on his way to the bus stop this morning. I came close a couple of times... I've had some bad falls due to my MS & don't want to add another injury. This would be a good time to invest in a battery company... I'm pretty sure the backhoe needs them and the CTD is hurtin in the morning (01, OEM batteries). Does anybody run an onboard charger along with the block heater? Hope yer all well,Russ

• 2 weeks later...

you guys talking about winter what is winter we never see winter inless we go 10 miles north and 10 miles south then we get winter so that why i live in Riggins Id LOL

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

Got hit with another good snow yesterday and into this AM. Got about 12" here!! At least it wasn't the wet heavy snow. It shoveled pretty easy!!

Got you beat the Dorkweed... LOL Here is some of my 2008 winter pics... http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r123 ... %20Winter/ I've got roughly 3 feet of snow here and its still snowing... :D

Hey MNRAM, granted to doesn't get quite as cold here as where you're at, but we've seen -17* here a few times this winter!! Funny thing is we get the snow, it melts, gets real cold, warms up to snow again, melts etc. etc. The weird thing is when the snow melts is really warm out. I'm talking 50ish!!! Last week Tuesday when I picked my truck up after the clutch install; Was 48* at 5:00PM when I picked my truck up. At 9:00PM it was 9*!!!! 8| Mike, snow around here brings out the "idiot pack". People that can't drive in snow to save their lives. Multiply that by whatwever when there is snowfall more than 2"!!!!

Man, we really got dumped on today. Got done shoveling about 14-16" of snow out of my drive late this afternoon. That's on top of the snow we already had on the ground. The snow in my yard now is over the tops of my rubber knee boots!!! :wow My 85lb. Lab is dragging his belly through the snow in my yard!!! Bet his winkie is cold!!! LOL I'll try to post some pix tomorrow!!!

You guys have been dumped on for a few days now. At least you didn't get any of that tornado activity that was down south. I take snow any day before that stuff. We got about 4" snow Monday with a little freezing rain. That's the stuff I hate.