• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

First UOA

angus

Im going to extend the change interval out to 10k and see what it looks like next year. I have switched to a DBL 7349 filter, and Rottella T6, so it might be interesting to see what if any difference that makes.

I have read so many opinions about motor oil brands, but what finally resonated with me was the age old theory that most engine wear occours at cold start up.. So the 5w-40w synthetics seem to have a clear advantage in cold flow characteristics, and my style of driving seems to have alot of cold starts and short trips.

• Staff

You should have no issues at 10K with that combo.

Yes startup wear is hard on things and one of the reasons I like synthetics and Amsoil. The other big benefit to synthetics is the high temperature performance. The sump capacity on our engines is the smallest for the 5.9/6.7 applications and pickup use is harder on oil than many other applications so when towing heavy with added hp the high temp stability of synthetics is a big plus.

Im going to extend the change interval out to 10k and see what it looks like next year. I have switched to a DBL 7349 filter, and Rottella T6, so it might be interesting to see what if any difference that makes.

I have read so many opinions about motor oil brands, but what finally resonated with me was the age old theory that most engine wear occours at cold start up.. So the 5w-40w synthetics seem to have a clear advantage in cold flow characteristics, and my style of driving seems to have alot of cold starts and short trips.

I have run T6 out to nearly 20k miles with UOAs to back it up. Short trips, heavy towing, blazing hot summers and deadly cold winters. But I think I've had my fun with extended OCIs and will probably be changing it around 12k now.