• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Welcome to my World

Ok you will get a laugh out of this, I am putting my new vp on to day and I have everything back on and I am tighten the last thing, the fuel line. When all of the sudden it breaks off in the vp, I am cussing, screaming, stomping my feet when I come to and think oh crap thats the new pump. Well I get the threads out and I say I am the master welder right so I tig the piece back together,cool, I will be back and running in no time. Well I didnt take into thought that the washer has to go back on to seal, duhSo its close to 5:00 central time and I am flying to the house to get on the net to find another one. So I call and they say sure we have one and I say how much to tx. oh 50.00 (WHAT). Needless to say it wont be here till Tuesday. 25.00 bucks.Welcome to my worldYea Michael thats what the phone call was about. LOL

• Owner

the wife and i are praying for you jl. stuff like that always happens to me also. i used to joke that murphy has a spot in my truck, and rides along to make my life "enjoyable"

Damn, you have the worst luck, I hope you are putting a warranty pump on? Otherwise I would have P-pumped my truck by the 3rd pump, if I were getting that little use out of pumps.

I think I would've have lighted it on fire by now :)

I wish you all where there when I had to comdemn my 1972 Dodge Ram W350. I had the worst luck with snapping the front axle all the time and the axle was only made for 1/2 a year so find part was expensive and insane priced. Well after hanging around other forums I think I know the cause of my problem know but I no longer have the truck. But now in hind sight I learn basically all failures have a reason and a cause like JL Welding here with the pump. But the tough part is now the answer. The answer is not obvious other that that we could of helped him fix it... But some where down the road we will find it.

Yea it is a warranty pump but it has strings attached, They charged me 950.00 on my credit card and depending on what is wrong with my pump is how much they will reimburse may card.And thanks for the words to the man up stairs, I need all the help I can get sometimes. lolI went to the AWS welding fourm and talked to some guys and you get both answers, one guys been welding on his 02 from the day he bought it new. I am going to take the Edge Ez of and see what happens, although it is a new edge with new cable. The old one they said had croision in the connector and box.