• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok here is anew question you guys may be able to help me with. My return line coming from the brass"T" is leaking right at where the rubber hose coupling meets the metal tube. Is it possible to completely do away with the coupler and just cut the hose and just ad a clamp to it, or does it need the fancy coupler??:rolleyes:

Mike its is a rubber hose with a coupler on the end that attaches to the metal line that goes to the tee from the tank. Does that help?:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Should we have pressure in the fuel tank? I would think so, but on another forum they were saying I shouldnt?:ahhh: There answer was that whats happening is one of the injectors isnt sealing. On the end of the injector is a copper washer, this is what seals the injector nozzle to the cylinder head and seals compression. When one of these leaks it will allow cylinder pressure to escape into the fuel return channel in the head, the injector return fuel. This pressure makes its way through the return fuel system and then to the tank, sometimes bad enough to pour fuel down the left side of the truck when the engine is running.:rolleyes: Is this true??:shrug: What do you all think?

I would check the Tank Vent tube and confirm it is not crimped or clogged... If there is that much pressure in the return it should be noticable at the vent tube. As for the INJECTOR SEAL CAUSING COMPRESSION to bypass up int the Return passage; to do that it would have to inter the connector tube bore And i pretty sure you would have a leak ouside the head at th HP fuel line/ connector tube insert or fitting. See, that much pressure will push fuel straight up & around the O-ring on the connector tube. also...you should be getting fuel in the oil...Bet the MOD'S over at CF didnt tell you this did they??? I had to learn this one the hard way.....if you dont have a leak outside the head and or fuel in the Oil, your probably are alright on the injector seals. P/S if i am understanding you correctly and the leak is at that quick disconnect coupler, i think there is an O-ring on that coupler. you have to disconnect it to replace the o-ring ...."MOPAR" knows more about this than i do...

I would check the Tank Vent tube and confirm it is not crimped or clogged... If there is that much pressure in the return it should be noticable at the vent tube. As for the INJECTOR SEAL CAUSING COMPRESSION to bypass up int the Return passage; to do that it would have to inter the connector tube bore And i pretty sure you would have a leak ouside the head at th HP fuel line/ connector tube insert or fitting. See, that much pressure will push fuel straight up & around the O-ring on the connector tube. also...you should be getting fuel in the oil...Bet the MOD'S over at CF didnt tell you this did they??? I had to learn this one the hard way.....if you dont have a leak outside the head and or fuel in the Oil, your probably are alright on the injector seals.-----What is CF??:shrug: I dont have a leak outside the head but the truck runs rough in the mornings and gets alittle better, but still has a chugging to it. I dont really see much of power loss though:rolleyes: P/S if i am understanding you correctly and the leak is at that quick disconnect coupler, i think there is an O-ring on that coupler. you have to disconnect it to replace the o-ring ...."MOPAR" knows more about this than i do...

-----I didnt know if it has one??:shrug: