• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fabbing up a new lower and upper dash?

I just pulled the entire lower dash out, drilled out all the rivets holding the plastic to the metal sub-frame, removed the plastic and put down a layer of fiberglass on the back side for reinforcement, then riveted it back to the metal subframe. While doing this I started thinking about fabbing up a completely new upper and lower dash to replace the plastic garbage Dodge so graciously blessed us with. Has anyone done something like this? I'm not talking about a bare bones dash you see in a race truck but rather something that looks factory. If I decide to do this I'm heading to the local junk yard to find a cab to use for R&D work. 

I'll get them uploaded this evening. 

I had to reconstruct mounting points for the hvac controls and top dash which is what prompted me to reinforce everything. The top dash is in far to many pieces to do anything with, which sucks. Due to the extra thickness of the glass none of the factory push in threaded clips will work, so I'm simply going to epoxy on some different clips from the back of the dash. It's been a LOT of work but I'm never selling this truck so I'm setting it up for the long haul. 

• Like 1

I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with. I've actually been shopping for a dash replacement on eBay, Amazon, and most of the online MOPAR parts dealers. The stealership wants more than $1500.00! It appears there are only two aftermarket manufacturers of our dashes and both are using ABS. According to my research so far, one of the manufacturers has all the factory mounting holes and the other doesn't.