• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Went out a did a little 20 mile run and did some low rpm pulls at light throttle. 4th and 5th from around 1300 rpm with no vibration or roll over noise. I do hear something more like a very low moan until it gets to near 1650 rpm. With the Valair I always had roll over noise in 4th at low rpm and little,very little briefly in 5th.

If this thing gets better with break in, it will be like the stocker. It is not far from it now. The one thing thing I hope does not change is the firmness of engagement. Feels like the Hulk got hold of it when fully engaged. 

• Like 3

Well I got some more miles on the clutch last week and made a 550 mile road trip this morning back to Alabama.It is still a little grabby and backing the trailer the first time is probably going to be interesting. Maybe a few more 3rd gear launches are needed. I have done a few but not many. It does seem to help but then seems to get a little grabby again. Still better than the old one. i ran the whole trip with the comp on, mostly 5X5, but played with the other settings a little. Matted it a few times and no signs of slippage. My trip took me over the Blue Ridge on I 40 a was fine. Like I said above it engages like the Hulk has hold of it. I have got to move the 5th wheel end of next week so we shall see how it goes.

One other thing when I was cruising up here with the comp on I noticed that my EFT's were running about 50* or 60* cooler than what I am used to. Credit that to the Comp???

20 hours ago, CSM said:

I never slipped my south Bend con ofe with any chip.  Stock turbo and rv275s.  Plus, I was young, single and employed and drove that way! 

I am not young or single but am employed and like to let her rip every once in a while. Especially when the left lane riders dont want to get out of the way. None of them expect that an old truck with crappy paint still has something under the hood.

• Like 2