• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

springs or leveling kit

2 hours ago, AH64ID said:

Just the front axle weight. I am about 8500 GVW empty. 

The FAWR is 5200# and, in my experiences on my 05 and dads 06, is very easy to exceed. I haven't ever found what the weak link is, or what was changed to get the 5,500# rating for 2010-2012, if anything. I know there some knuckle changes to improve the turning radius but amok the bearings and BJ's are the same. 

200lbs of additional bumper will add more than 200lbs to the front axle since it is forward of the axle. 

What do you have on that thing? My brother's 05 is 7500 and it's got the loaded interior and a set of twins.

My brother and I both went the spacer route. No issues related to the lift from either of ours. 

• Staff
8 hours ago, TFaoro said:

What do you have on that thing? My brother's 05 is 7500 and it's got the loaded interior and a set of twins.

My brother and I both went the spacer route. No issues related to the lift from either of ours. 

That seems VERY light for a 3rd gen. My Dodge advertised curb weight was 7,260, but even the short box version was over 7K. Even stripped I have never been close to that number.

I do have some stuff that adds weight such as a front receiver, bigger rear receiver, running boards, fender flares, 4 additional filters, a tool box, bed liner, bed mat, floor mats, etc.

For most uses I think spacers are the way to go. 2" do ride worse than 1", but it all depends on what you are after.

Edited by AH64ID