• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Engine/Trans swap ect

I am looking at a 2000 2500 4 WD w/gas motor.I have a 96 2500 CTD 2WD I would like to install the CTD into the 4WD truckMy questions areWould the gas 4X4 Trans bolt to the CTD?If not how hard are the CTD 4WD tran's to obtain usedBoth trucks are std cab 8'beds

I am looking at a 2000 2500 4 WD w/gas motor. I have a 96 2500 CTD 2WD I would like to install the CTD into the 4WD truck My questions are Would the gas 4X4 Trans bolt to the CTD? If not how hard are the CTD 4WD tran's to obtain used Both trucks are std cab 8'beds

is the trans auto or stick? you might be able to swap the output shaft and tail housing to make your trans ready for a transfer case

The Man you need to talk to is Chris Snyder He is on Many diesel forums as CSnyder he specializes in 2nd gen and 3rd gen Dodge rams, he does gas to diesel swaps and he buys and sells complete chassis or parts ect. His contact info for all your needs in both parts and advice in this department is http://www.ramboyz.com/

• Owner

The Man you need to talk to is Chris Snyder He is on Many diesel forums as CSnyder he specializes in 2nd gen and 3rd gen Dodge rams, he does gas to diesel swaps and he buys and sells complete chassis or parts ect. His contact info for all your needs in both parts and advice in this department is http://www.ramboyz.com/

Oh yeah I've seen him around nice guy too! :thumbup2: (www.midwestdieselconnection.com) Here is profile page... CSnyder

is the trans auto or stick? you might be able to swap the output shaft and tail housing to make your trans ready for a transfer case

Both Tran's are Automatic. I didn't know if the gas tran's would mount to the CTD being as the gas motor/trans was a 4wd. Ideally I would like to end up with a 4wd CTD truck