• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

a little problem

On 12/25/2015 at 0:31 PM, Buzzinhalfdozen said:

http://custombatterycables.com/

I've heard good things about these guys. 

If the cables are in good shape but the ends are junk you could go this route. 

image.jpeg.b9cdbcc5bc6f2503e082f4f99fde1

Also I wasn't impressed with liquid tape in the pic so I peeled it off and used heat shrink. 

Just like what I did. This is a good thing. I got the info from this site. Liked it so well did wife's toy and a friend's ford. Am now rebuilding a 2N ford tractor and will do batt cables the same.  

• Like 1

• Owner

If those lugs are soldered on the copper wire will be sealed as well from corrosion leaking into the strands. Kind of like soldering to copper pipe joints together. Crimping works but still soldering is the best method. Then the shrink tube over the top just makes it bulletproof.

klcammie would you be willing to make a write up of this? Be awesome to add to the article database.