• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Seems I am seeing a lot of folks with problems that are going to require removal of the dash to fix. Be it a bad heater core. ac evaporator or cracked dash. I am stating this to let anyone know that this is NOT a difficult job as some would make it out to be. it can be time consuming but there is nothing special you have to do to accomplish this.No special tools are required, just standard stuff. Mike has a good write that I used and the LMC dash i bought had some good instructions to. I took mine out and replaced the dash and rebuilt the hvac box. I spent 2 to 2.5 days to do mine working at my leisure to accomplish it.

I would recommend that if you have to go into your dash fore any of the above reasons, replace it all or you will just be back in there again.

And again it is not hard to do just budget some time if you are unsure of yourself and the rewards will be worth it.

• Like 2

i dont know what someone chargers for the work but when we determined that my ac leak had to be in the evaporator and that it would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $900. I never priced it anywhere else, just did it myself. I would do them for that all day long.

I agree it is not all that bad but I am slower than most others.  I was so glad Michael warned against damaging spring loaded door since I had to chop foam off to fit evaporator again when joining the two heater box halves.  I finally took the spring door out and made sure it fit together then put the spring door back in and bolted it up. Also, I should have dry  sponged the wet foam seals with paper towel as I could smell antifreeze for a couple of weeks after and was worried I still  had a leak.  Many thanks to all advise on this site.

• Owner
1 hour ago, dripley said:

Also I think this probably should be in the non power train section instead of here. I put it here by mistake.

Taken care of... Moved to non-powertrain. :)

1 hour ago, dripley said:

My heater core was not leaking, just the evaporator so I did not have that issue.

On mine I was trying to fix the A/C freon leak and found that the solder joint of one of the tubes cracked and was weeping. So while mine was out I replaced the heater core as well.

Edited by Mopar1973Man