• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Switch for heated seat

This is my 1st 2nd gen with heated seats. The drivers seat doesnt work. I notice the drivers switch in the dash doesnt light up like the working one on passengers side. If i recall when you try to push it it flashs but dont quote me only tried that once lol. 

Is it simply the switch fubar ? Or could the switch be ok but something deeper ?

I don't have access to a switch to try so id be buying a switch. Thought I'd ask before pulling the trigger on a switch.

Thanks

Looks like there is a heated seat module,

I would verify you have a flashing switch then look at the module if that is the case.  A flashing is clearly a signal from a computer telling you there is an issue.  

Download the FSM and start chasing wires.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moparguy55 said:

This is my 1st 2nd gen with heated seats. The drivers seat doesnt work. I notice the drivers switch in the dash doesnt light up like the working one on passengers side. If i recall when you try to push it it flashs but dont quote me only tried that once lol. 

Is it simply the switch fubar ? Or could the switch be ok but something deeper ?

I don't have access to a switch to try so id be buying a switch. Thought I'd ask before pulling the trigger on a switch.

Thanks

Sorry to report but you have a broken heating pad in the driver's side.  My heating pad in the driver's seat is broken and it does the same thing as yours.  LMC truck sells new heating pads for the 2nd gens.

Edited by NightHawk