• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another battery thread.....

2 hours ago, CTcummins24V said:

I think that's the one I used, pretty sure it's Larry Bs. When I got my truck with 202k the starter was sticking. Rebuilt it, no issues in the last 25k miles.

I'm not having starter issues, but like these other guys are saying, might be worth the preventive maintenance ya know?!

I bought the kit with new brushes and contacts, however, my brushes looked great so I opted to not install the new brushes.  My contacts were garbage and needed to be replaced.  I couldn't bring myself to buying a new or rebuilt starter so I went with LarryB's.  A buddy of mine rebuilt his with Geno's kit and I believe you can find rebuild kits at Oriellys.  If you have 175K miles on it, your starter is due.  You may not be having problems now, but you will eventually and it won't happen anywhere convenient.