• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have a Smarty to play with for a couple days

10 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

It is.

I have never driven a truck with an edge comp on it, but the difference between the smarty and my quad is beyond night and day.  I didn't tune the smarty, maybe csm needs to show me whats up with the smarty.

You and I need to go for a drive.  Smarty isn't the end all of tuners by any means, but it is good value for me with the code reader and a fairly versatile tuner.

A little more driving today and I'm really liking it.. and leaning heavily towards trading my Edge for the Smarty. Unusual.. I know.. to go backwards in hp.. but I feel.. for me the truck handles better and I have more control. I must be getting too old ;-)  I suppose I could compensate the loss with a little larger injectors and turbo.. no? 

I also like that my speedo is accurate now. So.. that should correct the odometer.. yes? I don't see anything in the settings for high idle though? I know Wade came over one day and gave me high idle with his Smarty.. but maybe is was a different model...

Edited by dodgedieselnewbie

I am finding that depending on which setting I put this on... it alters how the truck shifts. Should that be so? 

For example on sw3 or 5 it won't shift until  2200-2500 rpms and find myself letting off the throttle to force it to shift. SW7 is a little better but SW9 shift much quicker. Does this make sense? 

Also find that more duration equals better shifts.. I think

Sorry.. Not soaking that in. I don't know exactly what the smarty is doing on each setting.. 1-5 suck in my opinion. More fuel and/or timing I assume as you go up. 9 feeling most like the Edge. 

So...If  I'm applying the same force to the peddle on each setting (which is the throttle.. correct?) I can understand it getting to the shift point quicker but why does it change the RPMs at which it shifts?