• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

automatic transmission late shift

• Owner
21 minutes ago, Sam53 said:

Is DVM is digital voltmeter?

Yes. If you hover your mouse over the dotted underlined acronyms it will display the definition.

22 minutes ago, Sam53 said:

how do I check the AC noise whit it?

Red probe to touch the BATT terminal.  Black probe touching the metal case of the alternator. If the reading is poor touch the negative battery cable. Optimally you want to measure at the alternator not on other wires or battery terminals.

25 minutes ago, Sam53 said:

I know how to check the voltage not probe.

Same as doing DC but you select AC on a small scale some where like 2V AC or 200mV AC. Now like I said above red to the BATT terminal and black touching the case of the alternator.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yes. If you hover your mouse over the dotted underlined acronyms it will display the definition.

Red probe to touch the BATT terminal.  Black probe touching the metal case of the alternator. If the reading is poor touch the negative battery cable. Optimally you want to measure at the alternator not on other wires or battery terminals.

Same as doing DC but you select AC on a small scale some where like 2V AC or 200mV AC. Now like I said above red to the BATT terminal and black touching the case of the alternator.

Appreciate 

I bought a rebuilt alternator and installed it. i'm getting 14.19 charge normal - 13.17 under fully load ( AC on max - head light - fog light - 4 way flash - radio on - interior light on - cargo light on ) + grid heaters on and off 12.19. Ripple form BATT's - BATT positive to ALT case - BATT negative to ALT and finally ALT it self like showing on the video unfortunately I'm reading 30.5 AC voltage I don't no is it acceptable or not? should I go ahead and return it an get the other one? what is your suggestion?