• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

a/c airconditioning compressor - not engaging - warm air

To be honest, The amount of use that the normal workin man put's on these tools Harbor is the way to go. If I were in the AC industry and used the tools on a daily basis No I would buy something better quality. But for your use and maybe the occasional friend needing work on their Auto AC it's money in the bank. ever if you charge some one $50 to recharge their system I will pay for itself and buy 10 more LOL. Don't bee fooled buy all the bad rap everyone says about the Chinese Garbage the harbor sells. I have found that is you use the tool as it was intended and don't abuse them, the Harbor tools work just as good and the name brand at 25% of the price. My wife cringes any time I tell her I went to the local Harbor store and has since Banned me from even entering that zipcode ROFLMAO!!! Give it a shot and save you some bucks!!

So that leaves 2) My clutch is cycling - but I still get warm air - I assume there would be enough in their to allow the low port voltage to detect the pressure and switch on the clutch - and I would then get cold air - so why is it warm ? bad dryer/condensor - or a thermosat issue - or no feon but enough air PSI to cycle clutch ?

So that leaves 2) My clutch is cycling - but I still get warm air - I assume there would be enough in their to allow the low port voltage to detect the pressure and switch on the clutch - and I would then get cold air - so why is it warm ? bad dryer/condensor - or a thermosat issue - or no feon but enough air PSI to cycle clutch ?

If the system has no freon then you get no heat exchange - No heat exchange means no Cold exchange - No Cold exchange means no cold air. If the clutch cycles on then cycles of ( like for 1 sec durations ) them you are not building any pressure and have a low freon condision. The low pressure switch stops the clutch from turning on at all and that's a 5 psi about's condition. you can try to test charge the system by starting the truck, turn on max AC and High fan, and try charging the system on the low side. You'll tell right a way if it's taking the charge by feeling the low side line getting cold. if the clutch does not enguage try jumping the low pressure switch and the clutch should start immediatly. try charging them and see what happens.

If the system has no freon then you get no heat exchange - No heat exchange means no Cold exchange - No Cold exchange means no cold air. If the clutch cycles on then cycles of ( like for 1 sec durations ) them you are not building any pressure and have a low freon condision. The low pressure switch stops the clutch from turning on at all and that's a 5 psi about's condition. you can try to test charge the system by starting the truck, turn on max AC and High fan, and try charging the system on the low side. You'll tell right a way if it's taking the charge by feeling the low side line getting cold. if the clutch does not enguage try jumping the low pressure switch and the clutch should start immediatly. try charging them and see what happens.

Yeha the clutch cycles on an off for like 1 second at a time after I added 1/3 can of freon - all I had at this stage. So clutch is engaged. Guess I am going to have to vacuum it down and then refill it - and look for leaks again ............. another $200+ - blah This kit looks ok ??? ...... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CWBF2M/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A33XM790VULSX3

Yeha the clutch cycles on an off for like 1 second at a time after I added 1/3 can of freon - all I had at this stage. So clutch is engaged. Guess I am going to have to vacuum it down and then refill it - and look for leaks again ............. another $200+ - blah This kit looks ok ??? ...... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CWBF2M/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A33XM790VULSX3

Only question I have is are the hoses included with that kit? doesn't look to be. You'll need atleast 3 5 ft hoses that are set up for R134 connectors. 1 for the high side, 1 for the low side, and 1 for the vacuum pump. and a 4th for your freon can also.

Only question I have is are the hoses included with that kit? doesn't look to be. You'll need atleast 3 5 ft hoses that are set up for R134 connectors. 1 for the high side, 1 for the low side, and 1 for the vacuum pump. and a 4th for your freon can also.

Part # 6715- R134a Brass Manifold ? 72" standard hoses ? Quick Couplers so basically this one http://www.amazon.com/6715-R134a-Brass-Manifold-Gauge/dp/B000HTRN9K/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288497400&sr=1-1-fkmr1

Part # 6715- R134a Brass Manifold ? 72" standard hoses ? Quick Couplers so basically this one http://www.amazon.com/6715-R134a-Brass-Manifold-Gauge/dp/B000HTRN9K/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288497400&sr=1-1-fkmr1

Yup Those be the ones, but due your shopping cause I think you can find them cheaper, here's harbor's version with the case too: http://www.harborfreight.com/a-c-manifold-gauge-set-92649.html

Yup Those be the ones, but due your shopping cause I think you can find them cheaper, here's harbor's version with the case too: http://www.harborfreight.com/a-c-manifold-gauge-set-92649.html

But thats just the gauge and then you need to add a 2.5CFM or higfher pump which HF has $100. So thats $160. The amazon one had both gauge + pump for $139, plus shipping. Not sure which one is better tho. :shrug:

But thats just the gauge and then you need to add a 2.5CFM or higfher pump which HF has $100. So thats $160. The amazon one had both gauge + pump for $139, plus shipping. Not sure which one is better tho. :shrug:

I'd find out if the $139 one had the hoses included, It didn't look like it. I may be wrong. But $139 + hoses is still in the neighborhood of $160. It really don't matter which one you get they bothe looked the same and are price the same or close enough. It's your choice LOL!! Happy shopin!!! JG

I'd find out if the $139 one had the hoses included, It didn't look like it. I may be wrong. But $139 + hoses is still in the neighborhood of $160. It really don't matter which one you get they bothe looked the same and are price the same or close enough. It's your choice LOL!! Happy shopin!!! JG

Yeah came wit hoses 72" - in description. Yeah - was really just wondering if the amazon ones might be slighlty better quality ?? Was gonna see what mike used - but going to guess 1 level better than what I am looking at. Don't want any A/C parts flying in pieces past my face. :) thx for the info

I repeat: HARBOR FREIGHT a/c manifold gauges ARE NOT a good buy. the gauges and block themselves look ok, but i purchased these, and the crimp on the high side hose broke loose at 275psi. it sprayed my freon and oil all over me and the front/side of my truck. the hoses said they were rated to 500psi. this was only the 2nd use. they refused to replace my freon :2cents:

I repeat: HARBOR FREIGHT a/c manifold gauges ARE NOT a good buy. the gauges and block themselves look ok, but i purchased these, and the crimp on the high side hose broke loose at 275psi. it sprayed my freon and oil all over me and the front/side of my truck. the hoses said they were rated to 500psi. this was only the 2nd use. they refused to replace my freon :2cents:

yeah - thx - I love HF - but for more 1 piece tools that you don't use too often. A/C was making me a little nervous. Guess it could happen with any cheaper brand .......... think I might try and buy from a store I can take back if issues tho ...

--- Update to the previous post...

Anyone know if this would work with a GOOD compressor.

http://www.amazon.com/FJC-6900-Air-Vacuum-Pump/dp/B001E7XHPI/ref=sr_1_37?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1288552449&sr=1-37

I neled a compressor for my truck/RV tires and inflatable camping stuff - so would rather spend money on the compressor doing the work ??

Unless there is a unit that does vacuum for R134 and also switches to air compressor ?? :shrug: