• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Why did my brake line start rubbing?

Hi guys,

I put new tires on a year ago. A little after I did, I started hearing some rubbing during turning. I did not oversize the tiers. I went with the 265's that had been on there before. Well, today I finally saw where the rubbing sound must have been coming from. It is in the passenger front tire well. The rubber line that terminates at the hub. I'll post up pictures in a second. I'm going to have to replace the line. But I did nothing but put on new tires. I'm trying to figure out what is causing it to rub. I can't tell that the mount got turned or bent.

Any ideas?

CAM03585.jpg

CAM03586.jpg

Not sure what would cause it, but it should be an easy fix when you get the new line. Bend the mounting bracket on the axle and clock it on the caliper so nothing rubs :thumbup2: 

EDIT: From the looks of it, someone bent the holder on the axle. Looks twisted to make the line push toward the rear.

Edited by TFaoro

Both of the front brake hoses looked like that on my truck when I first got it. Baffled me because I couldn't get the tire even close to rubbing turning the wheel in the driveway, even with oversized tires. 

I replaced both hoses which went on almost exactly like the old ones and it's been fine so:think:

Here is a picture of my hose replacement.  Notice the metal line curves forward (toward the coil spring) to prevent the damage you are seeing.  I think this replacement is a Dorman.  I am not sure my original did this.  I notice yours has more hose.  could you bend your bracket toward the coil and help the problem?

HTH

Hag

IMG_0628.jpg