• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Also, I just noticed on the tag that I have a HX35W and from my research I've done and the obvious, it just means the turbos waste-gated. I assume that this won't be an issue swapping since the HY is wasted-gated also and will/should already have things accommodated for the waste gate to be in there?

Awesome!

I got a pair of gaskets for the exhaust manifold and oil return ordered today. Boost elbow should be here by the end of the week. Hoping to get it swapped soon. I'm also going to finally install my egt probe while the turbos off too. 

Ive read most people seem to see 100-200* lower egt temps after installing the HX. Does that sound about right? Is it really moving that much more air?

Most people that swap to a HX also increase the boost.  If you were to run both turbos at the same pressure I don't think there would be that large of a difference, though I've been wrong before.

Despite popular belief, the HY exhaust flows better.

Edited by Cowboy