• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

what year to look for.

so i'm in the market for another truck. i love my early 04. and don't plan on ever selling it.

however, i'm inheriting some money form grandpas passing, so the wife gave me the go ahead to look for a 4th gen, mega, 4x4 with either a G56 of an aisin.

the rest will be put into a third home.

so of the 4th gen, what are the best years to look for.? if i ever have issues with DEF and DPF i'll delete.

pro and cons of what years?

i've looked but don't really find much...

Thoughts?

The worst thing I've heard is the 10-12 do a lot more recycling, and it tends to "piss them off" (Throw codes, etc)

So if you're leaving it stock I'd go with a 13+. That said, if you're deleting not much has changed motor wise since 07.5.

If your wife is driving it a bunch I bet she would like the auto more. They also have more power from the factory.

Manuals are nice if you like to row gears. 

Guy at work has a 2015, daily driver, don't think he tows/hauls at all, the turbo is all gummed up/or vanes frozen, needs a new one with under 40,000 miles, codes galor. Luckily, under warranty, dealer quoted something like $4,000 to fix. I couldn't see myself with a brand new truck and have to pay thousands to fix because of emissions equipment. I would vote egr/dpf delete. I'm curious to the longevity, time and miles, of 4th gens.

Edited by CTcummins24V

the family loves manuals. the bride had a Porsche when we met. so we are no stranger to grabbin gears.

I have the mentality that as long as you can drive a stick you'll never be stranded. all my kids can shift the toyota.

any thoughts on the newer coil rear suspension?