• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Aftermarket AAPS??

Again not trying to argue, but isn't it possible that wells has designed their apps to work properly at any voltage between .5 and .6? I understand what the voltage on the tag means and why the OE needs to be set below it, I'm just saying, what if wells also understood it and engineered their apps to work as long as it's between .5 and .6 to simplify everything. I'm just saying it seems like they did their homework on this and they include the instructions that say to set voltage between .5 and .6. Again not trying to argue, just throwing ideas out there. If it were true that the wells needed voltage to be below that of the tag, my high idle shouldn't work right now because mine is set at approximately .505 and the sticker said .497, but everything works just fine.  :think:

The he timbo may be better, I'm not trying to argue one way or the other, although I do like lifetime warranties, which the wells(duralast) has, I'm just confused on this...

Edited by leathermaneod

• Owner

No argument out of me... It not the point of Wells design...

It the foolish people the world that will attempt to adjust it to the tag value of the old OE APPS. The whole fact we are back to adjusting voltage is going to get a lot of people in trouble. So as the Wells APPS get more popular I'm sure there is going to plenty of people starting to complain about lack of exhaust brake function or higher curb idle RPM's (but not high idle). The fact of the matter is the value on the old APPS is meaningless but I'm sure lots of people will attempt to use it thinking that is the calibration of the ECM which isn't right.

I like the magnet design (from what I've seen now). I just not fond of the voltage adjustment part.

I remember back when CF create the voltage adjustment thread.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-maintenance/13542-apps-adjustment.html

This thread created all kinds of issues with curb idle, high idle functions, exhaust brake functions, etc. Then in the thread about measuring the voltage at the PCM. Then made the issue worse. What I see is people going in all different directions with this Wells APPS voltage adjustment again. :rolleyes:

That why I came out with...

So eventually I'll have to buy a Wells to just play with it and get a article wrote before people get in trouble. Only problem I can't get one locally I've got to drive to Ontario, OR or Lewiston, ID to get one.

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

No argument out of me... It not the point of Wells design...

It the foolish people the world that will attempt to adjust it to the tag value of the old OE APPS. The whole fact we are back to adjusting voltage is going to get a lot of people in trouble. So as the Wells APPS get more popular I'm sure there is going to plenty of people starting to complain about lack of exhaust brake function or higher curb idle RPM's (but not high idle). The fact of the matter is the value on the old APPS is meaningless but I'm sure lots of people will attempt to use it thinking that is the calibration of the ECM which isn't right.

I like the magnet design (from what I've seen now). I just not fond of the voltage adjustment part.

I remember back when CF create the voltage adjustment thread.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-maintenance/13542-apps-adjustment.html

This thread created all kinds of issues with curb idle, high idle functions, exhaust brake functions, etc. Then in the thread about measuring the voltage at the PCM. Then made the issue worse. What I see is people going in all different directions with this Wells APPS voltage adjustment again. :rolleyes:

That why I came out with...

So eventually I'll have to buy a Wells to just play with it and get a article wrote before people get in trouble. Only problem I can't get one locally I've got to drive to Ontario, OR or Lewiston, ID to get one.

Whens your birthday? Maybe the good fairy will send you one.

i just looked it up and it says you can get 20% off if that but did not check on shipping. About the same with the discount. appears that shipping is free also.

Timbo $165 per his site.

Edited by dripley