Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Flooded out.

UPDATE:

The river came up again right after this flood to almost the same height. This is the first time it has done a back to back flood of this severity since my parents moved here in the early 60's. 

This time around we managed to lift the house about 4 1/2' off the ground via concrete blocks. We used a skid steer, two bottle jacks, and a lot of hard work and sweat to get it done.

We've been doing repairs to make the house livable for now. It's not perfect and it won't be as we have no intention of living in it permanently. Hopefully within the next year we will be able to start on the new house which we will be building ourselves from the ground up.

Edited by The_Hammer

21 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Good to hear your doing OK for the moment. Thanks for the update... Be safe and take care of your family and yourself!

Thanks. We're doing ok and currently living with the inlaws which isn't as bad as it sounds smiley_abused.gif 

Even after all of this we still love it here. My home has truly become OUR home as the wife still can't imagine living anywhere else, nor do I. The new house will be 9' in the air (5' above the recent floods) and we will longer have to worry about flooding.

• Like 1