• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bored No Work

jlwelding

Just cleaning for two days, so I thought I would show you that I found a welding truck under there.LOL

Yep, I know what you mean. :banghead: I notice you guys in TX are lucky, not have the rust on your trucks like us guys in the winter road salt states get. I am trying to nurse along the rusty utility body on the back of my FL as long as I can. At least the cab and chassis is hold up well, no rust, just dulling paint.

thats cool...i understand being without work....waiting for more contracts!:pray: did you figure out your trucks problems?

Well maybe, yea, sorta, not sure, I cleanded the grounds again and pulled starter to get to ground behind starter and it was tight. But it dont die anymore, now the new vp has been surging since I put it on. The old vp didnt surged it just died, so I dont know what to think. I called BD and no responce in a week now.

Well maybe, yea, sorta, not sure, I cleanded the grounds again and pulled starter to get to ground behind starter and it was tight. But it dont die anymore, now the new vp has been surging since I put it on. The old vp didnt surged it just died, so I dont know what to think. I called BD and no responce in a week now.

Damn, did you ever try to contact Bosch? I was reading in CF one of the members there went to the Bosch factory and saw his VP being rebuilt. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-performance-parts-discussion/108611-best-vp44.html#post1135077 This is getting ridiculous. I would have P-Pumped it or drove it of a cliff by now.

Damn, did you ever try to contact Bosch? I was reading in CF one of the members there went to the Bosch factory and saw his VP being rebuilt. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-performance-parts-discussion/108611-best-vp44.html#post1135077 This is getting ridiculous. I would have P-Pumped it or drove it of a cliff by now.

You got that right, I have asked Mike if he had any big mountains I could borrow for a few minutes, it wouldnt take long. But he seems to think the neighbors might not like a big old goat in the back ground. Something about the fuel and oil I dont know what for sure.

Sorry JL... No Dumping allowed in the back country of Idaho... But if you don't want the truck bring it to me I'll take it off your hands free of charge of course.. (No dumping or waste fees!) :lmao2::lol:

You know, this thing is surging just like the 2nd vp, the only thing wrong with the last vp( 3rd) is it died all the time, no surging. Mike I think you and I had it down to the vp and the ECM, is it posiable the ecm can make it surge when you let off. It just dont make sence one vp surges and the next dies. What is your thought on have the ecm flashed or do I just need to get another (rebuild) ecm. Also the tach jumps a little, I was watching it close and it has a pattern to it, you can see it go up and down twice then it has a steddyness to it then it starts all over again, does that make sence? I really think the vp they sent is trash, they still dont return my last email.

Did you ever bring it to an authorized Cummins repair center and ask them to diagnose it for you? Sure you are going to have to pay for it, but tell them you want a guarantee on the repairs if they do them.Any ways, what is the count? How many VPs in how long?

Did you ever bring it to an authorized Cummins repair center and ask them to diagnose it for you? Sure you are going to have to pay for it, but tell them you want a guarantee on the repairs if they do them. Any ways, what is the count? How many VPs in how long?

The pump that came on the truck died about three years ago, and sence then I have installed 3 vp. The first replacement came from coaltrain, it didnt last long, it surged also so the next one came from B-D did ok till it started dieing so it was under warranty and they sent this lump of you know what it surges. They finally sent email saying they would credit me, thats great but I have a lump of crap running my truck. What are they going to do about it?

• 2 weeks later...

Talking about no work.You will never guess what i did yesterday.Now i know none of you know me.I am just a normal person like the rest of you crazys.That being said you will still never guess.I am however a go getter and when i have no work this is all i do:ahhh::ahhh:.So i am walking down my hallway and i look into the bathroom.When i bend a little and stare at the toilet I see something funky looking back at me.Oh no! a stain under the rim of the toilet.Now i am employed !! I am on a mission.So i get the bleach and my favorite brush and have at it.Man thats work.I got it, and man does it shine.The best part ,i did this all wile my wife was playing on the computer.She seen me doing the work.I scored mega points :) Man i hope i have work on monday.

• Owner

Talking about no work.You will never guess what i did yesterday.Now i know none of you know me.I am just a normal person like the rest of you crazys.That being said you will still never guess.I am however a go getter and when i have no work this is all i do:ahhh::ahhh:.So i am walking down my hallway and i look into the bathroom.When i bend a little and stare at the toilet I see something funky looking back at me.Oh no! a stain under the rim of the toilet.Now i am employed !! I am on a mission.So i get the bleach and my favorite brush and have at it.Man thats work.I got it, and man does it shine.The best part ,i did this all wile my wife was playing on the computer.She seen me doing the work.I scored mega points :) Man i hope i have work on monday.

LOL! :lmao2: I'm no better... I break out the CLR cleaner and spray down the shower stall, toilet, sink and kick the crap out of the funk ring in the toilet, strip the soap scum off the shower door and put a big ol' smile on Mom... Which she admits her arthritis is getting to her... Worse part there is 3 bathrooms here on the property.. :stuned: (2 in the main house and 1 in the gust house/shop)

We have 2 here as well.Thats why i need work for monday:thumbup2: I am thinking i took one for the team (The me, myself and i team) and my efforts will buy me some time before i have to do that again.:thumb1: I can only hope.Truth is i dont mind helping out.

I have something to confess.. You will all probably think less of me for it too :lol:Last summer when there were absolutely no jobs available, I was asking everyone I knew if they had a job and out of the some 20 people and all their "connections" the only thing I was stuck with was working at a hotel cleaning rooms. I said hmmmmm. Figured it was better than nothing. It actually was probably the best job I ever had, and I've had maybe 8 jobs, most of them were steel work getting so greasy from the oily steel that I would be completely black. So it was nice going somewhere where I could actually get in my truck without charcoaling the tan seats. So they give you about 8-15 rooms a day which you get there at 8 and leave by 1-4 depending on if you got done, so it was paradise really. Go into all the rooms, set the a/c or heat to whatever you want.. I do have a lot more respect for them now, you have to go pretty fast to get everything done in the half hour they give you and also have to get everything on this checklist done, so you end up in pretty good shape, theres also nothing like going in everyones rooms and seeing all the crap they brought with them. I remember one time I watched someone else ask the person in the room if they needed service, instead of room service, so I figured I would try that and see what happened since you can take that a couple ways, as I found out when I did that. 30 year old or so woman comes out and I say do you need any service, she looks me up and down and says what kind of service :lmao: I said room service after that hahaha