• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

For crying out loud!

hex0rz

• Staff

Summer isn't here for 3 more days.

Actually I've seen many June days you still need heat. Used to see it more often 30 years ago though. We are due for a cool summer this time around more so than any other years since it has been such a long time since we've had  a cool wet summer. We used to get them every so often.

pray for cool weather  we need it.

Maybe for your locale, but around here the weather should be much more mild and sunny. I remember as a kid that it was warmer, seems like it's been getting colder later than usual. The season is definitely off this year. It's like spring came in backwards. 

I welcome the cooler weather somewhat. The rain has been helping my trees produce the sap they need to repel the pine beetle.

But I also want my bees to make me some honey too! If at least not have to feed them to keep them alive until winter...

• Owner

Same here still burning wood as well. I've got less than 1 cord remaining of split firewood. Look at the bottom of the picture and current weather as of this morning when I posted. I figured out a way to add METAR data from NOAA's web site to my conky panel on my desktop. :wink:

conky.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Mike might be easier to have additional insulation blown in the attic. To the tune of about an R-38 value would help you I think. Blow -in is better than the roll in or batt insulation. Need to add baffles so you don't block attic vents with the insulation.

• Staff

You could call someone out of town. You would have to pay the extra travel time.

The most important thing is to tell them not to blow in the fire retardant newspaper stuff. It's not as good because it settles and won't flame but it does smolder. The chopped fiberglass, the white stuff, is the very best and will give higher values.

One last item is to go in the attic with a light, before they put away the hose, to look and see that it is all done correctly. I've had them short cut the depth specified or not do some hidden areas. 

• Like 1