• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

anyone ever thought about retrofitting tapshifter in place of our autos?

I like nice OEM style buttons to control things,  It could be EB or TC lockup or whatever.  

bd-power-transmission-tapshifter-9f1.jpg

Or the dodge version

2016-ram-2500-3500-heavy-duty-6.7-cummin

I looks like it might be a pretty easy install.  

Anyone ever been down this road?

Depends on what you have.  I could use the buttons for  + / - to manually set vane position, or curve type, or EB or lockup.  

You may even be able to control shifts IF, BIG IF, you were able to control solenoid pressure somehow.  not sure I want to R&D that one but it should be sorta possible.

already have.  I would need to make volts on the solenoid through gear shifts vs tps.  then bypass the pcm and adjust the solenoid pressure to make shifts happen.  

again I dunno if I want to do the R&D on that one, but in theory....