• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dead, so start, P1693 P0215 & P0521 Dead ECM?

Dead again!  

Error codes with 3X key method P1693, P0215, P0521  Innova 3100 Code reader shows nothing....

P0215 shows fuel relay, I checked the PDC with a test light and I have power to the pin labeled 87.  The relay showed 80 ohms between 87 and 86.

P1693 ECM.   P0521 oil pressure switch.

The engine will not turn over, all the dash lights goes dead when I try to start, there is a very faint wait to start light .   Even with a battery charger set to 80 amp jump mode, there is a huge drain somewhere.  The grid heater wires are not getting hot either.   I checked the other relays and I saw nothing major.   Grid heater relay maybe?

I was going to go boating on the 4th but the POST ruins another weekend.   I hope y'all's trucks are doing better than mine.

Thanks :thanks: Have a Happy 4th of July!    Independence Day!:USflag:

P. S. Just think folks, if not for the 4th we would have been part of the EU and Brexit

I did the Larry B's brush kit and new solenoid about 3 months ago it has been starting great.  But the battery (NAPA) has erratic voltage.  It was up 15.6 volts after being on the charger and at one dropped to 8.7 V as I opened the door.   Any draw, like radio, lights even the door chime will make the interior lights dim.  I checked the ground terminal on both batteries and it was tight.  The voltage on the battery did not drop when I tried to start it, just now.  13.5 to 13.4 Volts, but the solenoid just clicked.    

Thanks!  

• Owner
47 minutes ago, GSX455 said:

Any draw, like radio, lights even the door chime will make the interior lights dim.

Sounds like the batteries are wiped out. Small loads like that shouldn't make the lights dim. Remember you have to replace both batteries.

47 minutes ago, GSX455 said:

13.5 to 13.4 Volts, but the solenoid just clicked. 

Sounds like a starter issue there.

Backing up a second it might be a cable issue still you might try doing the voltage drop test on the cables.