• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Aluminum Transmission Pan Install

Along with tackling some brake issues on the old GMC this week, I also decided to take care of a nagging transmission pan leak I have lived with for years.

I decided to go with a Summit brand aluminum deep pan, and went the extra mile with a lubelocker reusable gasket. The pan is really a nice piece, and to my surprise "made in the USA" .. After torqueing the bolts to 120 inch lbs the old turbo 400 is now dry as a bone underneath.

Gasket technology has taken a great leap forward in recent years. They are considerably more pricey, but the payoff in having no leaks and being reusable seems worth the investment.

• 1 year later...