• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

edge juice trans temp vs stock trans temp

My truck is a 2001.  I was just wondering exactly where the stock transmission temperature is actually getting read from.  I have a Edge Juice sensor in a goerend deep pan.  The difference in temp between the Edge sensor and the truck sensor varies between 15-30 degrees.  I ask because the other day it was 95 out and I was picking up some firewood rounds and my truck sensor hit 228.  About a five mile drive with 4 stop lights.  At the time I didn't have the Edge sensor up on my screen so I have no idea what it was at.  

On 8/22/2016 at 6:06 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Stock trans sensor is in the pan part of the governor pressure sensor.

What would explain the difference in temp's?  Bad stock sensor?  I'm assuming the edge juice sensor is good since it is only a few months old.  Is there any way to test the stock sensor?  The transmission was rebuilt in May so I was planning on doing the first filter/fluid change soon.