• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

6.7 EB operation at idle

Killer223

i've read the 6.7's will activate the EB at idle. i've pushed the button on mine and it never turns on.

but when slowing down i can hear it activate with a louder whistle from the exhaust.

might it be the efi from anarchy.?

is it an air temp thing?

coolant temp?

i can't seem to find any info in the FSM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been ready a million posts on eb function because after many checks and repairs, I still can't get it fixed. About to order the arduino pcb kit that will allow me to hook up to turbo and actuate. 

Most of what I've read revealed what AH64ID has said. It has to be below a certain temp for the brake to come on during high idle. I was able to get my high idle to come on by pushing cruised button then set cruise button after initial start up even in the warm summer we are having. You could try that but I still think the brake won't come on unless it's colder out. 

I base most of this on what I've read bc my EB is broken. smh...